Thank you for your interest in our agency and our opportunities for employment. Open positions are listed below. Hubbard House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Current positions available:
Responsible for general office coordination and administrative functions assigned by the Director of Finance. Coordinate and prioritize work from multiple sources.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Provide administrative support by preparing and distributing correspondence, reports, agendas and other documents for finance staff.
2. Produce accurate and timely work as instructed.
3. Process incoming and outgoing mail and drop at post office at the end of each day, when necessary.
4. Work closely with the Director of Finance to ensure efficient, cost-effective operation of Hubbard House, Inc.
5. Maintain the filing systems for Hubbard House’s Finance and HR functions, as instructed.
6. Establish and maintain courteous, reliable and responsive customer service for all internal and external contacts.
7. Research and analyze General Ledger items as directed.
8. Assist with preparation of Grant Reimbursement Requests and various monthly reports.
9. Prepare and transmit monthly Sales Tax payment in a timely manner.
10. Assist Administration personnel with various tasks and projects as assigned.
11. Assist in annual budget preparation.
12. Assume all other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Finance.
1. Aid Director of Finance in preparing and documenting all receipts and deposits, including First Step class receipts and Thrift Store Daily Reports. Enter Daily Deposits/Thrift Store Sales Reports into MAS90 system.
2. Transmit deposits to appropriate banking accounts per schedule defined by the Financial Analyst
3. Verify all First Step Class Logs and other income as necessary.
4. Prepare various Thrift Store Sales Analysis Reports in a timely manner.
5. Assist Director of Finance with monthly Bank Reconciliations.
1. Set up and maintain employee payroll files.
2. Process bi-weekly payroll; verify the accuracy of time sheets, and calculate and prepare paychecks, payroll taxes and payroll deductions payable by program.
3. Prepare/transmit payroll tax deposits in a timely manner.
4. Verify and record Benefit Time Requests.
5. Prepare payroll information and documentation for Grant Reimbursement Requests.
6. Reconcile all insurance billing and prepare enrollments for all eligible employees.
7. Process and follow up on all employee insurance claims with the appropriate insurance company’s.
2. Research and analyze General Ledger items as directed.
3. Assist with preparation of Grant Reimbursement Requests and various monthly reports.
4. Prepare and transmit monthly Sales Tax payment in a timely manner.
5. Assist Administration personnel with various tasks and projects as assigned.
6. Assume all other duties as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and Finance Manager.
7. Assist in annual budget preparation.
High School Diploma or G.E.D.; some college preferred. Four years administrative/computer experience required. Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Word processing experience, preferably MS Word.
2. Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel
3. Type 50-60 wpm using Word.
4. Composition skills for inter-office memos and outgoing correspondence.
5. Able to lift at least 25lbs.
6. Self-motivated, independent individual.
7. Prioritize workload on a daily basis due to requests from multiple individuals.
Cashier - Hubbard House Thrift Store
The Cashier is responsible for operating the cash register in accordance with established policies and procedures, as well as greeting and assisting customers in a courteous and efficient manner. The individual will maintain showcases of collectibles with the assistance of the Assistant Manager. In addition, the individual will answer the telephone and forward information regarding thrift store truck pickups. Standing for long periods of time will be required. Walking, lifting and moving merchandise and racks will be routine. This is a keyed position and capable of opening/closing procedures and bank deposits.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Greet and treat customers in a friendly, professional manner.
2. Operate cash register in an honest, orderly manner.
3. Ensure the correct price is charged.
4. Bag purchases for customers.
5. Keep register area neat and clean.
6. Close out cash register drawer at the end of each work day and prepare daily close out sheet.
7. Keep sales floor and displays in an orderly manner.
8. Answer telephone and forward calls, messages or pickup information in an efficient manner.
9. Price donated merchandise in accordance with established guidelines.
10. Ensure compliance of safety regulations within the Agency.
11. Assume all other duties as assigned by the Assistant Manager or Manager.
High School Diploma or G.E.D. required. Previous retail or cash register experience preferred.
Chief Executive Officer - Hubbard House, Inc.
Hubbard House, the certified domestic violence center serving Duval and Baker Counties in Northeast Florida, is seeking applicants for the CEO position. Hubbard House is a comprehensive domestic violence center with 116 beds and 80 employees. The Chief Executive Officer is responsible for the overall administration and operation of all Agency programs and services, is accountable for the achievement of all major organizational goals and objectives and is responsible for establishing policies, making all decisions, taking all actions, and developing all activities which are true to the Board’s policies.Requirements:
Position requires at least two years working in the domestic violence field.
Family Victim Advocate
This position, primarily working with children between the ages 0-17, is responsible for assisting victims of domestic violence in obtaining services from social services agencies, criminal justice system, medical and educational personnel. The Victim Advocate provides service management, counseling, advocacy, support, crisis intervention, safety planning, lethality assessments, and follow-up services to survivors of domestic violence and their families. Other program participants may include victims of elder abuse, human trafficking, child abuse and sexual assault.Requirements:
BA/BS in human service field with experience in crisis intervention and working with victims of domestic violence. AA or equivalent considered with at least three years applicable experience. HS diploma or GED considered with at least five years experience working in a certified domestic violence center. Experience in Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and data entry. A valid driver’s license and dependable transportation required. Vehicle insurance must be maintained. Must meet eligibility requirements for Hubbard House, Inc. vehicle insurance coverage. Employee will work indoors, outdoors, off-site, some evenings and weekends.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Experience and skilled in light building maintenance.
2. Experience with floor machines/buffers required.
3. Knowledge of general OSHA/Safety regulations preferred.
4. Ability to prioritize work schedule and remain flexible.
5. Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
6. Self-motivated, independent, dependable individual.
7. Word processing skills preferred, but not required.
Work schedule will be determined to best suit the needs of the Agency. Perform routine janitorial tasks. Responsible for the overall cleanliness and upkeep of facility and grounds.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Clean office/administration areas as scheduled, including mopping, vacuuming, dusting and emptying trash.
2. Perform light maintenance tasks to include, but not limited to changing bulbs, A/C filters, etc.
3. Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies and place orders with authorized vendors in keeping with Agency policy.
4. Network with vendors, repair technicians and service providers and accompany those vendors when providing services to the facility.
5. Run errands as requested and approved by supervisor.
6. Coordinate, facilitate and participate in special facility related projects as assigned.
7. Facilitate obtaining bids for needed services as assigned.
8. Ensure proper maintenance of facility grounds and landscape.
9. Coordinate, participate and supervise special volunteer projects as assigned.
10. Clean all public restrooms in facility as scheduled.
11. Wash, wax and buff tile floor (ceramic tile floors should not be waxed and buffed) areas on second floor (common areas and bedrooms) as scheduled.
12. Clean daycare areas including kitchen, dining area and classrooms as scheduled. Wash, wax and buff all designated daycare areas as scheduled (ceramic tile floors should not be waxed and buffed).
13. Clean elevator and stairwells as scheduled.
14. Wash, wax and buff elevator floor as scheduled.
15. Wash, wax and buff all tile floors (ceramic tile floors should not be waxed and buffed) in all lobbies, hallways and common areas as scheduled.
16. Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
High School Diploma or GED. Minimum one year previous janitorial experience required. A valid driver’s license and dependable transportation required.
Shelter Resident Assistant (Full and Part-Time Positions Available)
The Shelter Resident Assistant will provide for the daily needs of residents and crisis intervention to include handling all crisis/hotline and information calls. This position has responsibility for the security and operation of the Emergency Shelter. This position participates in regular shift coverage and shift rotations as needed for adequate coverage for the shelter. Candidate must be available to work evenings, overnight and some weekends.Requirements:
Applicant must have a High School diploma or G.E.D., valid driver
Be A World Changer!
Join the Hubbard House team and change the world! Hubbard House’s mission is safety, empowerment, and social change for victims of domestic violence and their families. We welcome your interest to be a part of our vital work of Every Relationship Violence-Free
Currently, Hubbard House is hiring full-time Victim Advocate positions. Victim Advocates work in a variety of programs such as shelter, outreach, court, and specialized projects. Victim Advocates assist victims of domestic violence through safety planning, counseling, advocacy, crisis intervention, groups, referrals, and case management services.
Victim Advocates participate in Hubbard House’s coordinated community response focused on safety, advocacy, education, and services for victims of domestic violence. This includes collaboration with the criminal justice system, law enforcement, local government, state coalitions, the medical community, public & private education institutions, the child welfare system, and other social services agencies. Participation in public speaking and community training are also part of a Victim Advocate’s responsibilities.Requirements:
BA/BS in human service field with experience in crisis intervention and working with victims of domestic violence preferred. AA or equivalent considered with at least two years applicable experience. HS diploma or GED considered with at least four years applicable experience preferably working in a certified domestic violence center. Experience in Microsoft Office (or equivalent) and data entry. A valid driver’s license and dependable transportation required. Vehicle insurance must be maintained. Must meet eligibility requirements for Hubbard House, Inc. vehicle insurance coverage. Shifts vary based on job assignment. Some night, weekends, and pager rotation required.