Domestic violence affects the entire community. Every year there are over 7,000 reports of domestic violence in Duval and Baker counties alone. Unfortunately, most cases of domestic violence go unreported.
Since 1976, Hubbard House has offered life-saving and life-changing programs and services to victims of domestic violence and their children free of charge. Hubbard House’s efforts are only possible because of the generous support we receive from individuals and organizations, who believe victims deserve to live a life that is violence-free.
You can be a part of the solution. Please donate today; your gift gives adults and children affected by domestic violence hope that comfort, safety and security are within reach, and provides them with the resources to rebuild their lives.
There are many ways that you can donate and help Hubbard House as we continue to work toward our mission of Every Relationship Violence-Free. Please consider one of the giving options listed below.
Your tax-deductible donations of in-kind items directly benefit domestic violence victims and their children. Your donations help victims rebuild their lives and start fresh and 100% of all net thrift store proceeds support Hubbard House services. The Thrift Store is located at 6629 Beach Blvd, Jacksonville, Florida 32216. Store hours are Monday through Saturday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm and donations are accepted Friday and Saturday from 10:00 am to 5:30 pm. For more information or to discuss the pick up of large items please call (904) 400-6333.
There are three ways to make financial gifts:
- Give a gift online through Network For Good or WeGive.
- Mail your tax-deductible contribution to:
PO Box 4909
Jacksonville, FL 32201
- Call (904) 354-0076 ext. 211 to make a financial donation over the phone or for more information about financial gifts.
Hubbard House host special events throughout the year to help provide much-needed funds to support the agency’s ongoing efforts to end domestic violence. We are also fortunate to have the support of community members, local businesses, church and civic groups that take the time to coordinate and host events which also benefit the agency. All Hubbard House events help to raise awareness and educate the community on the issue of domestic violence and its effects. You can support these endeavors by simply attending, becoming a sponsor, or hosting your own community benefit.
Cell Phone Donations and Collection Drives
Did you know that donating your old, used, or even broken cell phone could potentially save a life? Cell phones donated to Hubbard House are recycled through the Shelter Alliance program to raise much-needed funds to support the life-saving programs and services we provide.
Back to School Supplies – Wish List
- Ballpoint pens
- No. 2 pencils
- Colored pencils
- Pencil sharpener (the ones with a top for shavings can be a lot less messy)
- Large pink erasers
- Box of crayons
- Water-based markers
- 3-ring binder
These are just a few of the items that children need. Download a printable PDF of our entire 2011 Back to School Supply Wish List.pdf.
- Household linens (new or gently used towels, blankets, pillows, etc.)
- Personal hygiene products (shampoo, toothbrushes, deodorant, etc.)
- Female hygiene products
- Underwear (women’s and children’s)
- Children’s items
- Kitchen items (pots and pans, dinnerware, etc.)
- Office and school supplies
- Laundry items (detergent, softener, etc.)
- Toilet paper and paper towels
- Used cell phones
- Non-perishable food items
- Gift cards to purchase perishable food items
Download a printable PDF of our 2011 Wish List.pdf.
Top 10 Collection Drives
- Stock the kitchen cabinets: Pots, pans, dishware, silverware, mixing bowls, mixing spoons, measuring cups, can openers, spatulas, tongs, oven mitts
- Stock the linen closet: Blankets, pillows, sheets, towels, washcloths
- Help keep it clean: Bleach, toilet paper, paper towels, dish soap, laundry soap
- Give a smile to a child entering shelter: Crayons, activity books, small stuffed animal(new), travel size puzzles
- Lift a victim’s spirit: Puzzle books, stationary, stamps, nice writing pens, journals, address books
- Stock our food pantry: Canned pastas, soups, juice boxes, hamburger helper, individual snack size crackers, cereals, macaroni and cheese, tuna fish, salt, pepper and other spices
- Help take care of personal needs: Body wash, loofah, soap, conditioner, shampoo, deodorant, perfume, toothpaste, toothbrushes, combs, feminine hygiene
- Shower our babies: Diapers (sizes 3 to 5), blankets, baby wipes, pacifiers, bottles, bottle cleaners
- Help our families with general needs: Gift cards to Winn-Dixie, Wal-Mart, Publix and any gas station. Denominations can vary.
- Help is a phone call away: Old cell phones are a lifesaving resource for victims of domestic violence. Collect old cell phones and donate them to Hubbard House so they can be recycled and distributed to clients at Hubbard House. The cell phones are programmed with the Hubbard House hotline and 911.
Download a printable PDF of our Top 10 Collection Drive Ideas.
Volunteers are a valuable part of our agency and enhance our ability to offer comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence and their children. We value our volunteers and are committed to providing options that are flexible to meet a variety of schedules. Our goal is to match volunteers with the best area of service which will offer them the opportunity to use their talents and strengths while building new skills.